CALVIN, the Presbyterian Historical Society's electronic catalog
CALVIN currently contains records for over 75,000 books, periodicals, and archival collections housed at the society.
Included are bibliographic records for most of the following types of material:
CALVIN does NOT include records for most materials cataloged by the Society before 1980 or for archival collections not yet available for research use. On-site you should consult the card catalog or a reference archivist if you do not find what you are looking for in the electronic catalog.
- Publications cataloged by the society since 1980
- Congregation records, except those cataloged in the UTS classification scheme
- Presbytery and synod records cataloged since 1980
- Processed collections of archival records and personal papers (with links to the finding aids for some of these collections)
- Microfilm and some other audio-visual materials
Although CALVIN includes many records for works in foreign languages, it does not currently support the display of diacritics and non-English characters. To facilitate access, diacritics have been removed from some of our records.
To use this electronic catalog effectively, your web browser must be at least Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0 (higher versions are recommended) or Mozilla Firefox Version 3 (or later). Some users of Mozilla Firefox and Opera Web browsers have reported difficulties with some of the catalog's functions.
Please report problems with CALVIN to Technical Services. Please direct your reference questions to the reference desk.