Presbyterian Historical Society, Philadelphia, PA
Full-time position; 1-year contract with possibility for extension, including benefits.
35 hrs/week; $15/hr
The Presbyterian Historical Society seeks an Archives Technician to assist with copy-cataloging of books and processing of archival materials; scanning of archival materials and post-production tasks; and reshelving of collection materials requested by patrons.
• High school graduate with some college coursework.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Experience searching library, archive, or museum databases or integrated library systems (ILS’s).
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience operating flat-bed or overhead scanners.
• Must be able to lift 40-pound boxes.
• Must be able to do extensive scanning and computer work.
• Experience using a Content Management System, such as Drupal.
• Experience working with Adobe software products, such as Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat.
• Familiarity with controlled vocabularies, such as Library of Congress and Getty thesauri.
About the Presbyterian Historical Society
The Presbyterian Historical Society is the national archives of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and its primary historical research center. Its mission is to collect, preserve, and share the story of the American Presbyterian experience with Presbyterians, the scholarly community, and the general public. PHS has fulfilled this mission since its founding in 1852. For more information about our programs and services, please visit www.history.pcusa.org.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications received by May 10, 2019 will be given priority.
Please submit a cover letter and resume:
Please include job title in the subject line.
Presbyterian Historical Society
425 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147-1516
No phone calls please.