PHS Awards Five Heritage Preservation Grants
The Presbyterian Historical Society is pleased to report that we have awarded Heritage Preservation Grants to five PC(USA) congregations. The winners are:
- Community United Presbyterian Church (New Alexandria, Pa.), organized in 1805.
- First Presbyterian Church (Perrysville, Ohio), organized in 1818.
- First African Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.), organized in 1825.
- First Presbyterian Church (Lincoln, Ill.), organized in 1866.
- First Presbyterian Church (Kalispell, Mont.), organized in 1892.
The Heritage Preservation Grants were established in 2001 in celebration of PHS's 150th anniversary. Sustained this year by donations to our annual fund, each in-kind grant of $500 will cover much of the cost of digitizing a congregation's vital records, including session minutes and church registers. We'd like to thank all the congregations who applied. If your congregation is older than fifty years, and has fewer than 250 members, you can apply for the 2017 grant cycle. The deadline is October 31, every year.
To donate and be a part of our efforts to preserve Presbyterian records and to make them newly accessible, please send a check made payable to the Presbyterian Historical Society to 425 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147. You may also give safely and securely on our website.